|Three AAA batteries
- Remove the detector from its mounting base by twisting it counterclockwise.
- Note the orientation of the batteries then carefully remove batteries by lifting from the “+” end using a flathead screwdriver.
- Wait at least 30 seconds before installing new batteries to ensure a proper power-down sequence.
- Insert the new batteries, making sure the orientation of the batteries is the same as the batteries that you just removed.
Note: If the batteries are not installed properly, the detector will not operate and the batteries may be damaged.
- Reinstall the detector on its mounting base by turning it clockwise until the mating marks align.
- After the power up sequence, the green LED should blink once every 60 seconds to indicate normal operation.
If the detector does not power up, check that the batteries are installed correctly and fully charged.