How to prepare for your Business Fibe Internet installation
To get your business up and running on the scheduled installation date, ensure the following:
- Have someone onsite for the duration of the installation (approx. four to eight hours)in case the technician has any questions.
- Ensure the technician has access to your building’s utilities (e.g., the electrical room).
- Power outlets are available near your computers (power bars are not included in the installation).
- If electrical wires need to be fished through walls, coordinate this with an electrician before your installation (our technicians are not authorized to do this). There must be power outlets to complete installation.
- If you do not own your business property, have your landlord authorize the installation of new wiring.
- Computers are turned on and easily accessible (e.g., move any furniture out of the way).
- If you use a router other than the one supplied by Bell, have your user ID and password on hand so that you will not need to reset your password when your new modem is set up.
What happens during your Business Fibe Internet installation
During your installation, the Bell technician will:
- Set up a Wi-Fi network throughout your office.
- Configure your email and web browser.