What can I expect during the upgrade?
We will take care of setting up your account in the new portal (any changes you make to your account up to May 13th will be included).
If you have a voicemail, the default greeting will apply until you record a custom greeting.
Will I be notified about the service upgrade date?
Yes. You will receive a letter and an email with your service migration date in August. Upgrades will occur between September and October, 2018.
Can I keep my current phone number?
If you are using your Single Number Reach for phone, your number will remain the same.
If you are using Single Number Reach service for fax, you will require another number. Please contact us as soon as possible to discuss alternatives.
Will there be a service interruption during the upgrade?
Yes. The upgrade will occur between 1 a.m. – 4 a.m. EST on the scheduled date.
Do I need to do anything before the upgrade?
Yes. You need to make sure you have a valid email address in the existing portal.
Follow these steps:
- Log in to your Single Number Reach account.
- Go to My account.
- Click Account information.
- Change your email address if needed.
- Click OK.
Do I need to do anything after the upgrade?
Yes. After the migration is completed you have to :
Record a new voicemail message.
To ensure you receive all of your voice messages, you will need to activate and record a new greeting message.
Confirm your call routing settings.
Your call routing settings configured before May 13 will be transferred to the new portal. Changes made after this date may not be captured. Please login to the new portal to confirm your settings.
Will this affect my billing?
No. You will continue to receive your Single Number Reach bill as usual.
Will I still have my Yellow Pages and White Pages listings?
Yes. If you are using Single Number Reach service for fax and we recently provided a new Business Internet Fax number, your listing will automatically be updated.
What is Business Internet Fax 1000?
Business Internet Fax is Bell’s current fax service – it allows you to send and receive faxes from your phone or computer anywhere in Canada and the U.S.
Business Internet Fax 1000 includes:
- Up to 1,000 incoming/outgoing fax pages a month, delivered directly to your email in PDF or TIFF format
- A dedicated toll-free number for your business so customers can easily fax you anytime, anywhere
- A secure connection for sending and receiving confidential documents
- The ability to access archived faxes for 365 days through your Business Internet Fax portal
When you subscribe to the Business Internet Fax service, you will receive a new fax number. Your Single Number Reach service can no longer be used for fax.
I have voicemail messages saved in my portal. Can I keep those messages?
Yes. To save a message, follow these steps:
- Go to your Message Centre.
- Click Listen to voice message.
A message will appear asking whether you would like to listen or save that specific message.
- Click Save and rename your message
I have faxes saved in my portal. Can I keep those messages?
Yes. To save a fax, follow these steps:
- Go to your Message Centre.
- Click on the fax message you want to save.
- Choose the full-size image format you want to save
A message will appear asking whether you would like to open or save that specific fax
- Click Save