My Bell Business Satellite TV signal fluctuates
Your TV reception will fluctuate if your Bell Business TV receiver momentarily loses the signal from the dish. If your reception comes and goes, check the following possible causes:
||Configuration has changed
Check the connection at the back of your receiver.
A. Loose connection
To check for a loose connection, look on the back of your receiver and locate the SATELLITE IN (SAT IN) input (some receivers have two). If the connectors at the end of the cables are loose, simply tighten them by hand.
||Severe or inclement weather
Wait for weather conditions to improve.
B. Bad weather
Severe rainstorms, hail, wet snow and freezing rain can affect your TV signal. If you’re experiencing bad weather in your area, please be patient. Your signal will return when the weather improves.
Remove tree foliage, snow or other blockages.
A growing tree and accumulated snow are the most common obstructions that hinder satellite signals from reaching your dish.
- If you believe a growing tree is in the way, please contact us to have a technician relocate the dish.
- If it's safe, you can gently remove the accumulated snow. Be careful not to move the dish.
If you are still experiencing issues, try the following:
1. Restart the receiver
Press and hold the power button on the front of the receiver for five seconds and wait for the receiver to turn on.
2. Check the power inserter
If you have an HD PVR or multiple receivers, a power inserter may have been installed to power your DPP44 or SW44 satellite switch. Check to ensure it is plugged into a power outlet.
3. Check the cables
Ensure that the satellite cables are connected to the SATELLITE IN (SAT IN) port on the back of your receiver (some receivers have two). If the connectors at the end of the cables are loose, simply tighten them by hand.
Attention 015 and Error 002 messages
Do you have a different error message?
The satellite needs to reacquire the signal.
- Press the Menu button on the Bell remote control.
- Press 6 to go to the System Setup menu.
- Press 1 to go to the Installation menu.
- Press 1 to go to the Point Dish screen.
- Using the blue arrow keys, scroll to the Check or Check Switch option on your screen and press the Select button.
- Using the blue arrow keys, scroll to Test and press Select. Your system is now running the signal test; please wait as this may take several minutes.
Once the signal test is complete, exit the menu completely by pressing the Cancel button on your Bell remote control. The satellite signal and guide will reload; check if your programming has returned.
If you have checked all of the above and the signal still fluctuates, please contact customer service.
Last updated: April 21, 2020