How to prepare for your Business Fibe TV installation
To get your business up and running on the scheduled installation date, ensure the following:
- Have someone onsite for the duration of the installation (approx. four to eight hours) in case the technician has any questions.
- If electrical wires need to be fished through walls, coordinate this with an electrician before your installation (our technicians are not authorized to do this). There must be power outlets to complete installation.
- If you do not own your business property, have your landlord authorize the installation of new wiring, including drilling if needed.
- Ensure that the technician has access to your building’s utilities (e.g., the electrical room).
- Have any additional A/V wires you wish to connect from your TV to your Bell Fibe TV receiver. Your Fibe receivers already come with HDMI or component cables (HD), as well as composite/FCA cables (SD video/stereo audio).
- Make sure there is a clear path and unobstructed access to the location where the Fibe TV receiver will be installed and the rear of the TV can be easily accessed. Ensure TVs and computers are turned on.
- Make sure the area where the Fibe TV receiver will reside allows for ventilation and airflow.
- Ensure that power outlets are available near your TVs and computers (power bars are not included in the installation).
- If you use a router other than the one supplied by Bell, have your user ID and password on hand so that you will not need to reset your password when your new modem is set up.
Please note that modems cannot be used in bridge mode with Business Fibe TV.
Existing Bell customers
If you’re an existing Bell Internet customer, your Internet will not be available during the installation. In addition, your current router will be replaced and any customized settings will be lost.
What happens during your Business Fibe TV installation
Once onsite, the Bell technician will:
- Install Business Fibe TV receivers at your requested locations.
- Install an Internet gateway and configure it for Business Fibe TV.
- Connect one desktop and one laptop computer to the Internet gateway.
- Activate all of your receivers.
- Adjust receiver settings for the sharpest picture quality.
- Program the universal remote.
- Provide a full tutorial on how to use your new Business Fibe TV receivers and remote.
With Business Fibe TV, one remote controls all of your receivers. For this reason, we recommend against stacking your receivers or placing them in close proximity.
Our technicians connect only one receiver per TV. Custom installations involving more than one TV per receiver will need to be coordinated on your own.